Turkey condemns deadly terrorist attack in Iran

Help Guard with an injured boy

Iran blames US for parade attack that left 25 people dead by Joel Taylor Published

This picture taken in the Iranian city of Ahvaz shows a man helping women and children as they try to flee at the scene of an attack on a military parade that was marking the anniversary of the outbreak of its devastating 1980-1988 war with Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

At least 25 people, including a four-year-old boy, were killed when gunmen disguised as soldiers ambushed the annual Iranian military parade, in the bloodiest assault to strike the country in almost a decade, which was captured live on state-TV.

Shiite-dominated Iran considers the Al-Ahvazieh a separatist and terrorist group supported by Saudi Arabia, its Sunni-majority arch rival in the Gulf.

The terror outfit, which is backed by Saudi Arabia, has a record of carrying out acts of sabotage in Iran's Khuzestan Province, which encompasses Ahvaz and some other dominantly Arab cities.

24 killed, dozens wounded in 'terrorist' attack in Iran

Iran's Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, has blamed regional countries and their "US masters" for the attack.

"The Persian Gulf states are providing monetary, military and political support for these groups", President Hassan Rouhani said before leaving Tehran to attend a U.N. General Assembly meeting in NY.

Iran on Sunday summoned the top diplomat of the United Arab Emirates over a tweet attributed to a UAE writer on the weekend's attack on an Iranian military parade in Ahwaz province.

Islamic State jihadists said via their propaganda mouthpiece Amaq that "Islamic State fighters attacked a gathering of Iranian forces" in Ahvaz, but the claim could not be verified and many recent IS claims have proved false.

Barrick Gold to unveil merger with Randgold Resources, say sources
While Randgold has large mines in Mali and the Democratic Republic of Congo, it doesn't have a significant presence in Tanzania. Klein and Company, while Randgold was advised by CIBC World Markets and Barclays.

Of the two dozen killed, at least 11 were members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Giuliani has made similar comments before on Iran, and the State Department has said he does not speak for the administration.

Hours later, Iran summoned envoys of the Netherlands, Denmark and Great Britain on Saturday night, accusing them of harbouring Iranian opposition groups in their countries, IRNA reported.

Two gunmen were killed and two others were arrested, reports quoted the governor as saying.

Garth Crooks thinks Lacazette spoiled his goal against Everton with 'spine-chilling' celebration
That's according to Tony Cascarino, who has hailed the Spaniard's decision to play the duo up top. It remains to be seen how Emery will instil both Torreira and Guendouzi to his starting eleven.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but a spokesman for the Revolutionary Guards pointed the finger at ethnic Arab separatists.

"We stand with the Iranian people against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism and express our sympathy to them at this awful time", Nauert said.

Parsi also criticized many in the corporate media for calling the incident a "military parade attack" instead of a terror attack that killed numerous civilians. This event once again reminds us about the necessity of an uncompromising battle against terrorism in all of its manifestations.

Iran has intervened in the wars in Syria and Iraq and plays an influential role in Yemen, but this was a rare attack on its own soil.

President Trump's Latest Tariffs on Chinese Goods will Hurt Consumers
The two nations had already slapped tariffs on $50 billion worth of each other's goods earlier this year. Beijing countered with tariffs on $60 billion worth of goods, at rates between 5 percent and 10 percent.

Latest News