Rockets targeting Anthony after losing Mbah a Moute

Rockets targeting Anthony after losing Mbah a Moute

Rockets targeting Anthony after losing Mbah a Moute

The Los Angeles Clippers agreed with Houston Rockets forward Luc Mbah a Moute to a one-year, $4.3 million deal on Monday, according to an ESPN report.

The departure appears to be the another domino to fall in the Rockets' impending pursuit of Carmelo Anthony, who is expected to receive a buyout of his contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

That duo served as two of the Rockets' best defenders, with the ability to match up with guards and forwards in the team's switch-heavy scheme.

Johnny Depp Accused Of Punching Crew Member On New Film
The documents say that Rocky was concerned about Johnny's volatility and called on two LAPD cops for back up. Depp's bodyguards were forced to remove the actor from the set, it is said.

With 11 players on the roster, the Rockets' payroll stands at $118.5 million, approximately $5.2 million shy of the luxury tax.

Last week, The Oklahoman confirmed another Wojnarowski report that the Thunder has intentions of trying to find a suitable trade for Anthony before the end of the summer. He acknowledged that Ariza and Mbah a Moute were significant losses for the Rockets.

What could make a trade easier, however, is if Anthony and his representation knew he was going to immediately be waived by the team which traded for him, thus making him eligible to sign with Houston, or even Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers, who are also reportedly interested in the 15-year veteran.

George Clooney reportedly injured in vehicle accident in Sardinia
Local daily La Nuova Sardegna said Clooney, 57, had been headed to a film set on Tuesday when his motorbike was hit by a auto . Clooney was transported to the John Paul II Hospital emergency room, but his injuries were not serious, La Stampa reported .

Th Rockets are up to the elbows in luxury tax and have only signed players to one-year minimum deals to be able to make one last shopping indulgence in Capela, yet their offer has fallen well short of the big man's expectations. That's exactly what they plan on doing this summer. It could deliver the team over $100 million in cost savings.

The 34-year-old is coming off his worst season in the National Basketball Association, as he posted career lows in scoring average and field goal percentage last season.

With Anthony having opted into the final year of his contract for $28 million, the Thunder are reportedly exploring options to jettison him and diminish what would be a record tax bill.

PSG signing Buffon backing Ronaldo for Juventus
Hazard stressed he wanted to win trophies with the Blues despite their poor run of form last season's campaign. According to Manchester Evening News , Patrice said: "Everyone asks me, 'Pat, what do you think?'".

D'Antoni and Anthony didn't see eye to eye during their time with the New York Knicks but the coach "would be fine with Anthony coming to Houston", according to Tim Bontemps of the Washington Post.

Latest News