Boss Key is "no more", says Cliff Bleszinski

Boss Key Productions Co-Founder Cliff Bleszinski Announces Studio's Closure

Boss Key Productions to Shutdown

The news was announced by studio founder and industry veteran Cliff Bleszinski yesterday in a post on Twitter (below) in which he said that he was stepping away from games for the time being. Radical Heights felt a bit unfinished when it made its debut, which ultimately helped to contribute to some of the dissatisfaction players felt for the game, and it seemed just like the "last ditch attempt" Bleszinski describes it as in his statement.

While Boss Key Productions is closing down, Radical Heights' servers will remain online for the near future, but it will shut down eventually with no further development work planned.

The games industry would show its cruel irony here, as it had been Bleszinski himself who had introduced Fortnite to the world at E3 many years ago. In the short term, he's noted that he's going to focus on his family. He also thanked both those who supported the studio and those who worked at Boss Key. Videogames will forever be part of who i am and i hope to make something new again someday, however, I need to withdraw and take this time.

Hamilton hails 'rejuvenating' Spanish GP win
This was the second pole position of the season for Hamilton, a four-time world champion, following the Australian Grand Prix. Sebastian Vettel finished fourth.

"As of today, Boss Key Productions is effectively no more", the message reads.

According to Cliff Bleszinski, the decision to make a battle royale shooter was not inherently bad, it was basically another example of making wrong choices at wrong times.

The company's initial objective was the creation of a so-called "arena shooter", the project that eventually became "LawBreakers". Their game prior to Radical Heights, Lawbreakers, showed well at trade shows, but did little in the actual market, money- or player-wise.

#WorldCupWith360nobs:Brazil Name 23-man Squad For The World Cup
He has been replaced by Manchester City right-back Danilo, while Neymar recovered in time to be named in Tite's selection. It will be the 29-year-old's second World Cup after his participation in his nation's hosting of it back in 2014.

What a pity. Perhaps a case of arriving late on the heels of current trends, the real tragedy here is that Lawbreakers was in fact a damn good game.

View the discussion thread.

N Korea Downscales Tank Military Drills Amid Rapprochement With South
He may propose some kind of peace plan (less than a treaty) between North and South Korea that doesn't require denuclearization . Trump believes it brought Kim to the negotiating table, with a summit between the two men now set for June 12 in Singapore .

Latest News